International Conference on Food Science and Bioprocess Technology
November 20-22, 2017 Dubai, UAE
Margareta Gluten-Free Muffins
University of Suceava, Romania
“Margareta” muffins have fluffy texture, sweet lemon skin like and ground walnut like taste. They are made without adding preservatives and sugar, no saturated fats as well, being possible for this product to be included in various diets, for people suffering from cardiovascular diseases, diabetics or those suffering from celiac disease. Due to the lack of gluten and the ingredients used, the product provides consumers with a satiety feeling, beingsuitable to losing weight diets.
The combination of ingredients enhancing the beneficial influence of food –the strong element resides in the power of a food toprovide synergy and action - this product is a functional food product which helps in:
- Balancing blood sugar percentage, having a low glycemic index, by using flours calledantidiabeticsuperfoods.
- Reducing the risk of microinflamationin order to protect the heart and blood vessels by eliminating products containing saturated fats and choosing materials containing good fats (polyunsaturated) and some antioxidant flavonoids in fruits such as blackcurrant and goji.
- Control of blood pressure toavoid its raise.
- weight control by choosing gluten-free flours, choice that reduces appetite and provides long-term satiety
- Well-being and good cheer - the proposed flours high in good fats (Omega 3), intake of vitamin E from nuts, cereals and vitamin B, and use of some 100% natural sweeteners that reduce glycemic index, without affecting taste or harming the body.