Xu Nie working as Assistant Professor in the department of Mechanical Engineering at Southern Methodist University from 2015 to present.
• Dynamic response of advanced materials and structures.
• High-rate experimental mechanics and techniques.
• Fracture and failure of engineering ceramics and glass under impact loading conditions.
• Mechanics of biological and bio-inspired materials.
• Microstructure and damage evolution in engineering materials under dynamic loadings.
• Novel dynamic characterization techniques, mechanical behavior, and failure of ultra-high performance cementitious composites.
• Damage characterization using X-ray tomography techniques.
American Society of Mechanical Engineers
Society for Experimental Mechanics
Society of Engineering Science